1. “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action or any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to your mobile or storage device, crashes, breach of security and encryption.
2. “Personal Information” refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the person, to whom such information pertains including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, email address, identification number or documents and any other information disclosed by you in relation to the Services.
3. “Sensitive Information” means sensitive personal data or information of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to passwords, financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, biometric information, details of nominees and national identifiers including but not limited to: Aadhaar card, passport number, PAN, etc. For customers enrolled in Services provided by Legalpay personal information about the transaction is collected. Provided Any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or Sensitive Information for the purpose of these T&C.
4. “Third Party” refers to any person or entity other than you or us.
5. Personal Information / Sensitive Information that may be collected and manner of its use
6. Personal Information provided by you in relation to the use of the Website: In order for you to access the Website, we may collect your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Information as may be required for the purposes connected thereto. We endeavour to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
Cookies are small pieces of information saved by your browser onto your mobile device. Cookies are used to record
various aspects of your visit and assist us to provide you with uninterrupted service. Cookies may be set in your browser
by us when you access the Services or may be set in when you visit Third Party websites.
This anonymous information is maintained distinctly and is not linked to the Personal Information that you submit to us.
Authenticate your login information
Enable our security features;
Show you advertising; and
Improve and develop the features of the Website.
Please feel free to change your browser settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. However, please note that
changing your browser setting may affect your experience on the Services.
In addition to the cookies, we may also collect information to enable us to better understand you so that we can improve
your user experience; to assist our customer service and technical support personnel; and put processes in place to
prevent fraud and unlawful use. In an effort to make the Website affective and improve the Website, certain information
may be collected each time you access the Website. Such information may be saved in server logs in an encrypted form
which may not identify you personally. Such information or data may include, but shall not limit to, IP address, your server
details, duration of your visit, date, time or purpose of your visit. In addition to cookies, we use web beacons, ad tags,
pixels to advertise as part of the Services. The abovementioned data may be used by us and may be shared with our
sponsors, investors, advertisers, developers, strategic business partners or other associates to enhance and grow the
user experience in relation to the Website.
Purpose and Usage:
Legalpay uses the information collected and appropriately notifies you to manage its business and offer an enhanced,
personalised online experience on its website. Further, it enables Legalpay to:
Process applications, requests and transactions
Maintain internal records as per regulatory guidelines
Provide services to customers, including responding to customer requests
Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
Recognise the customer when he conducts online transactions
Understand the needs and provide relevant product and service offers
Obtain necessary rankings/ratings from various agencies (including CIBIL)
4. Other uses of the information provided:
We make all efforts to ensure that we collect only such Personal Information that we believe to be relevant in order to
record, support, facilitate your access to the Website.
5. Sharing information with Third Party service providers in relation to the Services:
To the extent necessary to provide you the Services, we may provide your Personal Information to Third Party
contractors who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with such services, to help us communicate with you or to
maintain the Services.
We may offer email, short message service (sms), multimedia message service (mms) or other forms of communication
to share information with you about certain promotions or features the Services may choose to offer or about our
affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, advertisers and sponsors. You may receive such communication when you
have registered as a User.
7. Disclosure of Information:
Legalpay may make disclosures of information diligently which is required pursuant to law or court order or under any
legal procedure. We may or may not notify you for the same.
8. Link to Third Party apps and websites:
The Website and any communication sent to you may also contain/display Third Party advertisements and links to other
websites or products and services. You agree and acknowledge that these apps and websites are operated by Third
Parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with us unless expressly specified. We are not responsible
for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by you from any such Third Party. Accordingly, we do not make any
apps, nor do we control or guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of the information, data, text, software, music,
sound, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other materials available on such websites or apps. The inclusion or
exclusion does not imply any endorsement by us of the website, the Third Party, or the information on the website. The
information provided by you to such Third Party websites shall be governed in accordance with the privacy policies of
These Third Party websites and apps and advertisers may use technology to send the advertisements directly to your
browser. In such cases, the Third-Party websites or advertisers automatically receive your IP address. They may also use
personalize advertising content. We do not have access to or control over cookies or other features that such Third-
Party websites and apps and advertisers may use, and the information practices of these Third-Party websites and
their privacy practices.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Information and Sensitive Information. To protect
your Personal Information / Sensitive Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or
We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any Third Parties that receive your Personal
Information / Sensitive Information. We are not/shall be not responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is
beyond our control.
damage or misuse of your Personal Information / Sensitive Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to
a Force Majeure Event.
Information may be retained for a duration, required by regulatory clauses or as long as required to achieve the
11. Third Party Content
We cannot and will not assure that other Users are or will be complying with the foregoing rules or any other provisions
of this T&C, and, as between you and us, you hereby assume all risk of harm or injury resulting from any such lack of
You acknowledge that when you access a link when accessing the Website, the site you will enter into is not controlled
responsible for those sites. We reserve the right to disable links to and/or from third-party sites to the Website,
although we are under no obligation to do so. If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about such third-party
websites or mobile applications you must direct them to the operator of that third-party website or mobile application.
We have no control over and accept no responsibility for the content of any website or mobile application to which a link
from the Website exists (unless we are the provider of those linked websites or mobile applications). Such linked
websites and mobile applications are provided “as is” for your convenience only with no warranty, express or implied, for
the information provided within them.